The choices you make about insulating your home deserve some careful attention. Most home owners assume all insulation perform the same and are content to let insulation price serve as the determining factor in making their decision. However, there are many factors to consider.
Isn’t all insulation the same?
No. The R-value listed on insulation products is a standard that comes from laboratory testing. Real-world tests demonstrate just how vastly superior Applegate Cellulose Insulation is in comparison to conventional fiberglass. Applegate Insulation outperforms fiberglass on the hottest and coldest days, ensuring your comfort.
The Applegate Difference
For insulation to work effectively it must completely fill around obstructions without voids or gaps. Applegate Cellulose Insulation is sprayed or blown into walls conforming to your home and surrounding you and your family with a tight thermal barrier. Fiberglass batts, on the other hand, are cut and pieced together, leaving areas that reduce it’s ability to insulate. So even though fiberglass may be less expensive to install initially, fiberglass cannot deliver the same effective insulation properties as Applegate.
Applegate Insulation actually helps make homes safer and healthier.
- 50% better fire resistance that fiberglass
- Applegate Stabilized Insulation eliminates irritating, abrasive, airborne glass fiber particles
- Applegate restricts air movement that can bring moist air into wall cavities where it could activate mold spores
- Applegate Insulation provides much better sound control when compared to most other insulations
- “Cellulose insulation should be a preferred insulation material for the environmentally concerned.”—Environmental Building News
What can I do for my existing home?
Many older homes were built with little or no insulation in the sidewalls. We can add Applegate Insulation to your homes’ sidewalls making your home more energy efficient—saving you money!
Call or contact us today to learn more about Applegate Cellulose Insulation… you’ll be glad you did!